Places to visit

 
A La Ronde is an 18th-century 16-sided house located near Lympstone, Exmouth, Devon, England, and in the ownership of the National Trust. The house was built for two spinster cousins, Jane and Mary Parminter.                                  27mins drive 18.8 miles
 
The present Georgian Killerton House was built by Sir Thomas Acland, 7th baronet in 1778. The chapel was built in 1738 to the designs of Charles Robert Cockerell. The garden was created in the 1770s by John Veitch, one of the leading landscape designers of the time. NT                                                                               29mins drive 18.6 miles
 
Powderham Castle is a fortified manor house situated within the parish and former manor of Powderham, within the former hundred of Exminster, Devon, about 6 miles south of the city of Exeter and ¹⁄₄ mile north-east of the village of Kenton, where the main public entrance gates are located                                                           34 mins drive 24.1 miles
 
Montacute House is a late Elizabethan mansion with gardens in Montacute, South Somerset. An example of English architecture during a period that was moving from the medieval Gothic to the Renaissance.  NT                                   35 mins drive 25.8 miles  
 
Knightshayes Court and Garden are situated in the beautiful Devon countryside near Tiverton a historic market town. ... Knightshayes Court is just great and one for your diary. NT  Open most of year but see Knightshayes Court Gardens website for full details as dates vary                                                                                   42 mins drive 25.2 miles
 
Compton Castle in the parish of Marldon in Devon, is a fortified manor house in the village of Compton, about 5 miles west of Torquay on the southern coast of Devon, England. The estate was home to the families of Compton, de la Pole, Doddiscombe,        Gilbert and Templer.                                                                    43 mins drive 37.5 miles    
Ugbrooke House is a stately home in the parish of Chudleigh, Devon, England, situated in a valley between Exeter and Newton Abbot. It dates back over 900 years, having featured in the Domesday Book. Before the Reformation the land belonged to the Church and the house was occupied by Precentors to the Bishop of Exeter        30 mins drive 28.8 miles  
 
Cadhay is an historic estate situated in the parish of Ottery St Mary in Devon, England, 10 miles east of Exeter and 5 miles from the sea at Sidmouth. The mansion house known as Cadhay House, situated one mile north-west of Ottery St Mary village, is a grade I listed Elizabethan building.  Open Fridays 2 until 5 only.                13 mins drive 8.2 miles 
 
Buckfast Abbey forms part of an active Benedictine monastery at Buckfast, near Buckfastleigh, Devon, England. Buckfast first became home to an abbey in 1018. The first Benedictine abbey was followed by a Savignac abbey constructed on the site of the current abbey in 1134.                                                                    42 mins drive 40 miles    
Built by Sir Walter Raleigh in 1594 and the stately home of the Digby family since 1617; Sherborne Castle presents glorious staterooms displaying nationally important collections of Art, Furniture & Porcelain. In the Castle’s cellars see Raleigh’s Kitchen, and a Museum presenting fascinating family artefacts, Fossil & Archive displays and a ‘Capability’ Brown exhibition drawn from the archives tells of his impact and legacy on the Garden.   
                                                                                                     59 mins drive 36.1 miles  
 
Forde Abbey is a privately owned former Cistercian monastery in Dorset, England, with a postal address in Chard, Somerset. The house and gardens are run as a tourist attraction while the 1,600-acre estate is farmed to provide additional revenue. Forde Abbey is a Grade I listed building                                                                  28 mins drive 16 miles 
 
Barrington Court is a Tudor manor house begun around 1538 and completed in the late 1550s, with a vernacular stable court, situated in Barrington, near Ilminster, Somerset, England. The house was owned by several families by 1745 after which it fell into disrepair and was used as a tenant farm.                                   33 mins drive 19.3 miles   
 
Cothay Manor is a grade one listed medieval house and gardens, in Stawley, near Wellington, Somerset. The manor is Grade I listed on the National Heritage List for England. Its gate piers and wall to the north entrance of the house are listed Grade II.                                                                                                            37mins drive 21.3 miles